2023 Youth Summer Employment Program
SWEET-P Is Back!
Mobile Housing Authority is accepting applications from eligible youth for our Summer Work Employment Experience Training Program - SWEET-P.
SWEET-P will match participants with employers for paid ($15.22/Hour) summer employment, while offering employability training to prepare them for today’s job market.
* Open only to Mobile Housing Authority Affordable Housing (public housing) residents or Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) tenants.
* 16-23 years of age by May 5, 2023
* Currently enrolled in high school, college, trade school/course or a GED program.
* A 2.0 GPA (C average) for the past three quarters (August 4,2022 through March 20,2023) or an overall GPA of 2.0. GED applicants must provide a letter from their instructor verifying enrollment, attendance and progress.
* A Social Security card, birth certificate & current photo identification card
You can pick up an application at 1555-B Eagle Drive in the Real Property building (Next to Thomas James Rental Office.)
Applications are being accepted until Friday, April, 28, 2023 @ 3:30 pm.
If you have questions, please call 251.470.1728.